Sleuthing the Presidential Debate

I am sure many of you have been following the presidential debates, which is what has lead me on this wild goose chase today. I began to ask 1 too many questions!
I watched the debates online through ABC or MSNBC, whichever I can connect to quicker. Which also means that I do not often see any type of commercials (except for the one in the beginning that I usually miss because the volume is off, and I am setting up the "viewing area.")
However, just 1 day after the recent Presidential Debate that was Town Hall style, I received an email from wecansolveit.org that made a plee for support asking ABC to play their recent ad, "Repower America". So of course I began to wonder, if this ad was not played, what was played.
I discovered an article on New york Times TV Decoder Blog discussing Chevron's 150 second new ad for Human Energy that was played on ABC. On CBS they played an Exxon Ad.
Nielsen Wire stated that 63.2 Million people tuned in to these debates, which were covered on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Telemundo, Univision, BBC-America, CNBC, CNN, FOX News Channel, and MSNBC . 
It is worth investigating all of the connections between the commercial ads and the stations they played on. Try taking a look at Vanderbilt's Television News Archive to track commercials associated with the Debates.  Don't forget Nielsen Reports as well.
Further investigation lead me to discover a few more pieces: the national debate Sponsors for the Commision on Presidential Debates and Ananke IT to sponsor the 2008 Presidential Debates. And also Nielsen's data shows ABC had the highest number of viewers during the debates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Edmodo for the District

Spring Brings Refreshing

Google Site: Intro